EGSUD elementary school students learn to prevent bullying with the Harlem Globetrotters | Schools
Students at two Elk Grove Unified School District elementary schools will experience a special treat on Monday, October 15th when Slick Willie Shaw of the world-famous Harlem Globetrotters visits their schools to present the Globetrotters new community outreach program, “The ABCs of Bullying Prevention.”
Slick Willie Shaw will bring The ABCs of Bullying Prevention presentation to Isabelle Jackson Elementary School at 8: 30 a.m. and Irene B. West Elementary School at 10 a.m.
The ABCs of Bullying Prevention, created in coordination with the National Campaign to Stop Violence (NCSV), focuses on Action, Bravery and Compassion. The 30-40 minute program targets six to 14 year old students and uses Harlem Globetrotters players to discuss the three key words in the ABCs of Bullying Prevention. Students will learn tools to use on a daily basis to reduce bullying through the Globetrotters analogy that students are a part of a team and can use one another to help stop bullying.
The Globetrotters presentation conveys the important message of preventing bullying and violence through students participation – and the Globetrotters signature ball handling skills and humor. The well-balanced program also provides program certificates to teachers and/or administrators to be distributed to students in the days after the presentation.
The ABCs of Bullying Prevention program will be presented at over 300 schools and youth centers as a part of the Globetrotters 2013 “You Write the Rules” World Tour, celebrating the team’s 87th consecutive year. For more information about the program, visit www.harlemglobetrotters.com.
WHO: Students and staff at Isabelle Jackson and Irene B. West elementary schools;
Slick Willie Shaw of the Harlem Globetrotters
WHAT: Slick Willie Shaw of the Harlem Globetrotters will visit two EGUSD elementary schools to present their new community outreach program, “The ABCs of Bullying Prevention”
WHEN: Monday, October 15, 2012
8:30 a.m. – Isabelle Jackson Elementary School
10 a.m. – Irene B. West Elementary School
WHERE: Isabelle Jackson Elementary School
8351 Cutler Way
Sacramento, CA 95828
Irene B. West Elementary School
8625 Serio Way
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Source: Elk Grove Unified School District
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!