Smoke billows over Sac County from Sherman Island | News
SACRAMENTO COUNTY - A large plume of smoke towered over the Sacramento region Sunday afternoon.
The fire department says the smoke stemmed from a controlled burn that got out of control on Lower Sherman Island, near Antioch, around 2 p.m.
The island, that is not inhabited and has no structures, was allowed to continue to burn.
As of 5 p.m. the dark smoke could be seen around the Bay Area as well as around San Joaquin County.
Top South Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old City Cemetery Tour - Fraternal Orders, Secret Societies & Symbolism
- Nehemiah CEO Scott Syphax To Deliver Commencement Address at Drexel University in Sacramento
- Lively, Fun & Free, “Time Travel Weekends” Street Theater Resumes in Old Sacramento on June 29
- Sichuan Spice House - Orangevale
- Tasty Books: Chef Joanne Chang