SB I-5 in south Sacramento reopened to traffic | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - The California Highway Patrol advised drivers to use another route other than southbound Interstate 5 in south Sacramento after an injury crash involving a big rig Tuesday afternoon.
Southbound lanes were closed until about 5 p.m., according to Officer Michael Bradley.
About 2 p.m., the driver of the rig with a cargo of non-hazardous pool supplies lost control of his truck and both the cab and trailer overturned across the three lanes, Bradley said. The driver suffered cuts and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Train Rides & Old Sac Underground Tours Resume in April!
- California Nut Festival Announces Jay Veregge from Ten22 as Celebrity Chef!
- 2014 St. Patrick's Parade
- Center for Sacramento History Announces “Inside the Vault Textile Tours: Fabulous Footwear" in April
- Kick-Off Sacramento Beer Week with the Sacramento Brewers Showcase