SB I-5 in south Sacramento reopened to traffic | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - The California Highway Patrol advised drivers to use another route other than southbound Interstate 5 in south Sacramento after an injury crash involving a big rig Tuesday afternoon.
Southbound lanes were closed until about 5 p.m., according to Officer Michael Bradley.
About 2 p.m., the driver of the rig with a cargo of non-hazardous pool supplies lost control of his truck and both the cab and trailer overturned across the three lanes, Bradley said. The driver suffered cuts and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Yolo County Visitors Bureau Launches “Bak2Sac” Free Train Ride Program
- About 50 evacuated due to punctured gas line in Oak Park area
- Man pleads guilty in Sacramento sex trafficking case
- Judge tentatively blocks injunction to halt Sacramento arena
- Suspects from Sacramento area arrested in major Idaho drug bust