Hands-free texting while driving would be banned under bill | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - A Bay Area Assemblyman wants to prohibit texting with hands-free mobile devices while driving.
California already bars texting with a hand-held electronic device while driving but permits the practice with voice-activated devices.
Assembly Bill 313, authored by Assem. Jim Fraser, D-Oakley, would essentially ban all texting while driving by outlawing voice-controlled devices, too.
The bill's language states there are no studies supporting texting with voice-activated or hand-held devices while driving as safe. It also says distracted driving was responsible in 3,300 deaths and more than 400,000 injuries nationally in 2011.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!