Boise State Bound: Nick Terry headlines Elk Grove District signing | News
ELK GROVE, CA - Defensive tackle Nick Terry from Pleasant Grove high school officially signed his national letter of intent to play college football with Boise State next season.
Terry, the 6-foot-5, 265-pound lineman joined by six other Elk Grove area scholarship football athletes attended a district signing ceremony this afternoon at the Robert L. Trigg Education Center.
"It's just a great experience - I'm going to be apart of the Boise State Broncos family," Terry told News10. "It was the best place for me. I'll have to compete, buit I'll have a chance to play early."
Terry was recruited by Washington State, Colorado State, and Fresno State, among others.
Joining Terry at Wednesday's Elk Grove signing were his Pleasant Grove teammate, running back Isaiah Saunders (Idaho), Cosumnes Oaks lineman Kyle Saxelid (UNLV), Monterey Trail lineman Viliami Umufuke (Sacramento State), Franklin defensive back Marcus Green (Sacramento State), Franklin running back Christian Fonbuena (Colorado Mesa) and Franklin's Bryce Mann (South Dakota School of Mines & Technology).
VIDEO: Look at Elk Grove's district signing
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Train Rides & Old Sac Underground Tours Resume in April!
- California Nut Festival Announces Jay Veregge from Ten22 as Celebrity Chef!
- 2014 St. Patrick's Parade
- Center for Sacramento History Announces “Inside the Vault Textile Tours: Fabulous Footwear" in April
- Kick-Off Sacramento Beer Week with the Sacramento Brewers Showcase