Tally of storm rainfall and problems | News
SACRAMENTO VALLEY, CA - With the stormy weather behind us for the time being, here are some final figures on rain totals and storm-related calls and damage resolution.
Rainfall totals (Nov. 28-Dec. 2)
El Dorado Hills 6.46"
Elk Grove 5.94"
Yuba City 5.08"
Sims (Shasta) 17.50"
Pollock Pines 5.99"
News10 meteorologist Ashton Altieri said the rain that fell in Sacramento is 26 percent of average (18.52 inches) for the capital city.
In the city of Sacramento, spokeswoman Amy Williams said the 311 call center fielded approximately 5,000 total storm- related calls. Of that total, approximately 4,194 were received over the weekend.
In comparison, during a typical weekend, the 311 call center receives 700 calls on average.
Sacramento received approximately 38 tree-related calls.
In unincorporated Sacramento County, Williams said nearly 1,400 calls were made Friday-Sunday for water drainage issues, downed trees and street and signal light problems. County public works hopes to have all service calls completed by Monday evening.
There were 450 Pacific Gas and Electric customers still without power as of late Monday afternoon in Nevada County. In Rocklin, the utility said it was working to restore electricity to 220 customers.
Regional Transit announce Monday evening it would be Thursday, Dec. 6, before Light Rail service is restored in the Folsom area.
An oak tree fell on the tracks near the intersection of Blue Ravine Road and Folsom Boulevard and damaged Light Rail power lines.
One-half mile of power lines, traction poles and hardware must be repaired, said RT spokeswoman Alane Masui.
Shuttle buses will continue to provide service to and from the Historic Folsom, Glenn, Iron Point and Hazel Light Rail stations throughout Wednesday, Dec. 5
Highway 16 in Capay Valley reopened Monday afternoon after being closed Sunday for rock and mudslides.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!