Body found inside burned south Sacramento home | News
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A body of a woman was found inside of a duplex after fire crews extinguished the fire there Thursday afternoon.
Sacramento Metro Fire responded to the 5400 block of Sky Parkway, in south Sacramento, after the fire broke out around 2 p.m., Sacramento County sheriff's Sgt. Jason Ramos said.
After the fire was extinguished, crews found the woman's body in the back bedroom. Friends of the family said the woman's husband, who also cares for her, went to runs some errands. When he returned, he found his home ablaze. Ramos said it is unclear if the woman's death is connected to the fire.
The fire broke out in the back bedroom of the duplex and caused smoke damage. The cause of the fire has not been determined yet, but it is believed to be accidental.
Two dogs in the home were rescued from the other side of the house, Sacramento Metro Fire reported.
Friends of the family said the woman was wheel-chair bound.
Top South Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Sacramento Writer Clarifies Community Power and Grassroots Democracy: NIMBY vs. DIMBY
- Micro-Summits concept is innovative, international
- POPs at Bertha Henschel Park in East Sacramento This Saturday!
- Landmark Sacramento Coca-Cola bottling plant closes
- East Sacramento J Street and Folsom Blvd. Construction Update–It’ll Be Tough