Competitors medically treated at Sacramento Spartan Race | News
SACRAMENTO COUNTY, Calif. - Dozens of people needed medical care during the Spartan Race event Saturday afternoon.
Sacramento Metro Fire Assist. Battalion Chief Bill Daniels said eight engines, seven medic units and two ladder trucks responded to the Spartan Race obstacle course on Van Vleck Ranch, located at 7898 Van Vleck Road in Rancho Murieta, around 1:49 p.m.
Nearly 9,000 athletes from cross the U.S. and several other countries were expected compete in the 10-to-12 mile obstacle race, which includes running, crawling, jumping and climbing, Spartan Race spokesperson Dienna D'Olimpio said.
About 30 people needed to be medically checked out for cold or hypothermia related symptoms, Daniels said.
The conditions of the competitors that needed medical aid are unclear at this time.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects