Sacramento BB gun incident triggers police response | News
EXCLUSIVE: SACRAMENTO, CA - An employee with a BB gun that looked like a real gun caused some scary moments at a south Sacramento business Thursday afternoon.
Sacramento police were called to L and D Landfill on the 8600 block of Fruitridge Road for a person armed with a gun.
According to officers, the 19-year-old worker was waving a BB gun he found. He didn't cause any harm except to frighten others who didn't know it wasn't a real handgun.
Police Sgt. Alisa Buckley said the play-acting could have been a big problem if the employee had still had the BB gun when officers arrived.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Dec 11, 10:00AM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!