Sacramento BB gun incident triggers police response | News
EXCLUSIVE: SACRAMENTO, CA - An employee with a BB gun that looked like a real gun caused some scary moments at a south Sacramento business Thursday afternoon.
Sacramento police were called to L and D Landfill on the 8600 block of Fruitridge Road for a person armed with a gun.
According to officers, the 19-year-old worker was waving a BB gun he found. He didn't cause any harm except to frighten others who didn't know it wasn't a real handgun.
Police Sgt. Alisa Buckley said the play-acting could have been a big problem if the employee had still had the BB gun when officers arrived.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Train Rides & Old Sac Underground Tours Resume in April!
- California Nut Festival Announces Jay Veregge from Ten22 as Celebrity Chef!
- 2014 St. Patrick's Parade
- Center for Sacramento History Announces “Inside the Vault Textile Tours: Fabulous Footwear" in April
- Kick-Off Sacramento Beer Week with the Sacramento Brewers Showcase