Motorists react to record gas prices in California | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - The news was out from AAA on Saturday. At just over $4.61 a gallon for regular, California had hit a new record for the average price of gas.
With prices soaring all week, many motorists have been changing their habits. They're driving less, planning their trips more carefully and, in some cases, taking the bus and light rail. Although, for some, the bus and light rail are not options.
"I'd ride the bus everyday," said motorist Stephanie Clark, "but they stop running at 10:00!"
For Frances Ruiz, it's a different issue.
"A car is more convenient," she said.
For Unni Stevens, car pooling has become more popular.
"It's fun," she said, "you go with a group of people and talk while you drive."
The good news is that the prices are supposed to start easing next week.
by Jonathan Mumm email@example.com
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects