2 women arrested in connection with Sacramento hostage hoax | News
SOUTH SACRAMENTO - Sacramento County sheriff's deputies were called to the 8500 block of Bellamy Way in south Sacramento Thursday morning after a female caller reported another woman was being held hostage in her home by her armed boyfriend.
Deputies and SWAT members arrived on scene shortly after 1:45 a.m. and found the caller in the street, said Sacramento County Sheriff's Dept. spokesman Jason Ramos.
About an hour after authorities arrived, the woman allegedly being held hostage came out of the home and informed them no such incident had occurred and that her boyfriend was inside the house sleeping, said Ramos.
Further investigation into the the incident revealed the woman's boyfriend had a felony warrant out for his arrest from a violent crime committed a couple years ago, Ramos said.
The man was subsequently arrested for the outstanding warrant.
Ramos said the initial call made to the sheriff's department was completely fictitious, and the caller, as well as the woman allegedly being held hostage, were both arrested for corroborating to get the man arrested for personal reasons.
Top South Sacramento Stories
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Sacramento Writer Clarifies Community Power and Grassroots Democracy: NIMBY vs. DIMBY
- Micro-Summits concept is innovative, international
- POPs at Bertha Henschel Park in East Sacramento This Saturday!
- Landmark Sacramento Coca-Cola bottling plant closes
- East Sacramento J Street and Folsom Blvd. Construction Update–It’ll Be Tough