Sac. firefighters battle second suspicious fire of morning | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - A two-alarm fire at a mobile home at 74 Bentley Ave. in south Sacramento was the second on Friday morning being examined by arson investigators.
Firefighters were initially dispatched to the scene around 5:17 a.m. when the Sacramento Fire Department received a call of a a disabled man inside of a burning home. However, when crews arrived, they could not locate the man.
Assisting Sacramento police officers found the man driving his electric wheelchair in traffic on Franklin Boulevard a short while later.
A fire battalion chief at the fire said the blaze was deemed suspicious due to the fact that several fires were set inside the unit, and it appeared the resident may have set the fires himself.
An earlier house fire in North Highlands was also being examined by arson investigators after crews found separate fires burning inside the home upon arrival.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Railroad Museum Offers Monthly “Diesel Days” Beginning this Weekend!
- Sacramento climber blogs that he's safe on Everest after avalanche
- “Living History” Easter Bonnet Promenade & Spring Ball in Old Sac this Saturday!
- 5 Reasons to Attend the Sacramento Beer and Chili Festival
- Names of woman, boy killed in I-80 crashed released