Sac FD: Foil in microwave sparks devastating house fire | News
SACRAMENTO - A home on the 1600 block of Florin Road in the south Sacramento area was gutted by fire Thursday morning.
The Sacramento Fire Dept. Battalion Chief on scene said the fire started around 1:15 a.m. when the homeowner placed foil in the microwave as they were heating food.
Firefighters arrived at the scene and found the home completely involved.
According to the Battalion Chief, crews had the blaze extinguished by 5:10 a.m. and the homeowner was able to get out of the house safely.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!