Sac FD: Foil in microwave sparks devastating house fire | News
SACRAMENTO - A home on the 1600 block of Florin Road in the south Sacramento area was gutted by fire Thursday morning.
The Sacramento Fire Dept. Battalion Chief on scene said the fire started around 1:15 a.m. when the homeowner placed foil in the microwave as they were heating food.
Firefighters arrived at the scene and found the home completely involved.
According to the Battalion Chief, crews had the blaze extinguished by 5:10 a.m. and the homeowner was able to get out of the house safely.
Top South Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old City Cemetery Tour - Fraternal Orders, Secret Societies & Symbolism
- Nehemiah CEO Scott Syphax To Deliver Commencement Address at Drexel University in Sacramento
- Lively, Fun & Free, “Time Travel Weekends” Street Theater Resumes in Old Sacramento on June 29
- Sichuan Spice House - Orangevale
- Tasty Books: Chef Joanne Chang