How to create a homemade, healthy pizza | Food and Drink
This meal is a pizza topped with sautéed onions, prosciutto and mozzarella cheese. Topping the hot-out-of-the-oven pizza with fresh greens and sliced tomatoes gives it a delicious twist. It can be made with store-bought pizza dough to keep it quick and can be served with sides such as a small salad or crunchy vegetables and your favorite dip.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded fontina or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups packed coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 sliced tomato
Nutrition Information per serving: 306 calories; 11 g fat ( 4 g sat , 5 g mono ); 28 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 2 g fiber; 600 mg sodium; 140 mg potassium.
Top South Sacramento Stories
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Sacramento Writer Clarifies Community Power and Grassroots Democracy: NIMBY vs. DIMBY
- Micro-Summits concept is innovative, international
- POPs at Bertha Henschel Park in East Sacramento This Saturday!
- Landmark Sacramento Coca-Cola bottling plant closes
- East Sacramento J Street and Folsom Blvd. Construction Update–It’ll Be Tough