Big East Sac Rib Cook-Off & Dance Party | Events
Serious grillers …. “Q-teams”… will compete in the 4th Annual Albie Ribbin’ BBQ Cook-Off being held Saturday, October 27th, at the Hilltop Tavern (4757 Folsom Boulevard, Sacramento). The event, which takes place from Noon till 6, will feature over a dozen teams, grilling and smoking two full racks each of St. Louis style ribs, with proceeds benefiting the Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation.
And who better to kick out the jams at a Q-off than popular Sacramento party band, the Q-Balls, performing from 2 to 5.
The price for this all-ages family event is $20 for adults and $12 for kids, which includes a rib lunch served from noon to 3. There will also be a silent auction and raffle with great prizes.
Teams that are interested in competing in the Q-off can register at the Hilltop or contact Albie Aware at 927-1592. (4 commemorative aprons will be provided) Judging will be handled by professionals from the Western States BBQ Association.
Funds raised will used to help underserved women and men pay for expensive breast cancer diagnostic tests like mammograms and PET scans.
Your wife, your mother, your sister, your daughter, your best friend.....Who Cares?
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Railroad Museum Offers Monthly “Diesel Days” Beginning this Weekend!
- Sacramento climber blogs that he's safe on Everest after avalanche
- “Living History” Easter Bonnet Promenade & Spring Ball in Old Sac this Saturday!
- 5 Reasons to Attend the Sacramento Beer and Chili Festival
- Names of woman, boy killed in I-80 crashed released