Big East Sac Rib Cook-Off & Dance Party | Events
Serious grillers …. “Q-teams”… will compete in the 4th Annual Albie Ribbin’ BBQ Cook-Off being held Saturday, October 27th, at the Hilltop Tavern (4757 Folsom Boulevard, Sacramento). The event, which takes place from Noon till 6, will feature over a dozen teams, grilling and smoking two full racks each of St. Louis style ribs, with proceeds benefiting the Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation.
And who better to kick out the jams at a Q-off than popular Sacramento party band, the Q-Balls, performing from 2 to 5.
The price for this all-ages family event is $20 for adults and $12 for kids, which includes a rib lunch served from noon to 3. There will also be a silent auction and raffle with great prizes.
Teams that are interested in competing in the Q-off can register at the Hilltop or contact Albie Aware at 927-1592. (4 commemorative aprons will be provided) Judging will be handled by professionals from the Western States BBQ Association.
Funds raised will used to help underserved women and men pay for expensive breast cancer diagnostic tests like mammograms and PET scans.
Your wife, your mother, your sister, your daughter, your best friend.....Who Cares?
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!