Teen arrested in connection with South Sac murder | Crime
SACRAMENTO - A 17 year old was arrested Tuesday in connection with the murder a man on Decathlon Circle in October, according to officer Laura Peck of the Sacramento Police Department.
51-year-old Kevin Burks was found by Sacramento police officers on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 on the 100 block of Decathlon Circle. Officers were responding to a call of a man shot when they discovered Burks' body. He was declared dead at the scene.
Peck said detectives believe Burks was driving in the area and stopped in front of a house when, for unknown reasons, somebody fired several shots into his car. Burks was hit by one round and died, said Peck.
According to Peck, the motive for the crime is still being investigated.
The arrested individual's identity and photograph were not released due to age and conditions of the ongoing investigation, Peck said.
The Sacramento Police Department asked anyone with information about the shooting to contact dispatch at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357); or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!