Man accused of killing 4-month-old nephew | Crime
SACRAMENTO, CA - A man was arrested in connection to the death of his 4-month-old nephew Thursday.
Willis Lilly, 27, was arrested after an autopsy of found that Demosphesis King died from blunt force trauma, Sacramento police said.
On Jan. 11, police responded to the 7800 block of Summersdale Drive around 7:02 a.m. after being called by the Sacramento Fire Department. The fire department worked to revive the unresponsive infant, but he died. The coroner was then called to the scene and said an autopsy was needed to determine cause of death.
Lilly was looking after King while the infant's parents were out of town.
Early morning Jan. 11, Lilly's roommate called for help because King was not breathing. Detectives believe King suffered traumatic internal injuries that morning while in the immediate care of Lilly.
Police said Lilly was arrested Thursday and booked into Sacramento County Jail for King's death.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!