Man sentenced in so. Sacramento carjacking, attempted murder attacks | Crime
SACRAMENTO, CA - A man on a bike was sentenced to eight years and eight months in prison for two violent attacks on victims in south Sacramento two years ago.
Jose Camilo was convicted of attempted murder and carjacking in the March 30, 2011 crimes, the Sacramento County District Attorney's office reports.
Camilo was on his bike at Florin and Power Inn roads when he deliberately ran into the side of a car waiting at the intersection, got into the passenger side of the vehicle and beat on the 51-year-old driver, according to court documents. She was forced out of her car and Camilo got behind the wheel.
Per court records, the defendant drove recklessly through a nearby neighborhood, made a U-turn when he saw a woman walking with her young daughter and steered the car onto the sidewalk and into the woman. He stopped the car and confronted the woman whose daughter was trying to pull her behind a neighbor who had come out to see what was happening. At that point, Camilo got back into the stolen car and fled.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!