Lockdown lifted, perimeter cleared in so. Sacramento | Crime
SACRAMENTO - Luther Burbank High School in south Sacramento was placed on lockdown Friday morning as police set up a perimeter near De Fer Circle and Meadowview Drive to search for two men who fled police in a stolen vehicle.
According to the Sacramento Police Dept. public information officer, the incident started when officers attempted to stop a red SUV listed as stolen. The driver of the vehicle fled to the Parkview Apartments where he and another man exited and fled on foot, said police.
Police set up a perimeter in the area to look for the men, with the focus of the search being on the apartment complex.
A Sacramento police officer at the scene initially said the subject of the search was connected to Thursday's deadly shooting in Oak Park, but detectives later recanted that statement, saying they could not confirm the subject was connected to the shooting.
Gabe Ross of the Sacramento Unified School District said the school was locked down as a precautionary measure.
The lockdown was lifted around 11:15 a.m. and the perimeter broken down shortly thereafter when officers could not locate the men, police said.
Top South Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old City Cemetery Tour - Fraternal Orders, Secret Societies & Symbolism
- Nehemiah CEO Scott Syphax To Deliver Commencement Address at Drexel University in Sacramento
- Lively, Fun & Free, “Time Travel Weekends” Street Theater Resumes in Old Sacramento on June 29
- Sichuan Spice House - Orangevale
- Tasty Books: Chef Joanne Chang