Coroner IDs man gunned down in Oak Park | Crime
SACRAMENTO, CA - The Sacramento County coroner says a man fatally shot in the area of Broadway and 39th Street Thursday was 19-year-old Anthony Navarro.
Officers were dispatched to the scene around 12:44 p.m. and found an Hispanic man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, said Sacramento police Officer Doug Morse.
Navarro was taken to the hospital where he later died of his injuries. He lived in Sacramento.
Witnesses at the scene, the 3100 block of 39th Street, said they saw an undisclosed number of individuals pull up in a van, fire shots at the man who was walking on the street and then drive off.
Morse did not indicate whether police believed the shooting was gang-related. A motive behind the shooting was unclear.
Anyone with information was urged to call police at at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Railroad Museum Offers Monthly “Diesel Days” Beginning this Weekend!
- Sacramento climber blogs that he's safe on Everest after avalanche
- “Living History” Easter Bonnet Promenade & Spring Ball in Old Sac this Saturday!
- 5 Reasons to Attend the Sacramento Beer and Chili Festival
- Names of woman, boy killed in I-80 crashed released