Sheriff: Mom arrested after losing autistic son in filthy apt. | Crime
SACRAMENTO COUNTY, CA - A mother's call her autistic son was missing turned into her arrest for misdemeanor child endangerment.
The woman, Christina Miligan, called 911 at 4 p.m. Sunday that she couldn't find her 9-year-old, said Sacramento County sheriff's Sgt. Jason Ramos. Responding deputies searched Miligan's apartment on French Road, reporting they found the boy on the floor next to a bed.
Ramos said a deputy wrote there was no where else for the boy to be since trash, soiled diapers and cockroaches were all over the apartment.
Miligan's son and a 2 year old were taken into custody by Child Protective Services, Ramos said.
Miligan posted bail and was released Sunday night.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Train Rides & Old Sac Underground Tours Resume in April!
- California Nut Festival Announces Jay Veregge from Ten22 as Celebrity Chef!
- 2014 St. Patrick's Parade
- Center for Sacramento History Announces “Inside the Vault Textile Tours: Fabulous Footwear" in April
- Kick-Off Sacramento Beer Week with the Sacramento Brewers Showcase