Police: Man arrested after reaching for cop's gun | Crime
SACRAMENTO - A 41-year-old man was arrested Wednesday night after trying to grab an officer's gun during a struggle, according to Sacramento police.
Officers responded to a report of three individuals loitering and causing a disturbance at a local business on the 5000 block of Franklin Blvd. at 5:05 p.m.
According to police reports, officers arrived at the scene and saw a man lying on the ground in front of the store. When the officers attempted to contact him, he became hostile and resisted their efforts to detain him, said police.
During an ensuing struggle, the man, later identified as Anthony Genel, tried to pull an officer's gun from his holster, police said. Additional officers arrived at the scene and helped get Genel into custody.
Genel was booked on charges of felony battery, attempting to remove a firearm from a police officer, resisting arrest and multiple outstanding warrants.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects