4 Sacramento men busted in Redding marijuana stop | Crime
REDDING, CA - A tip led Redding police to the discovery of 300 pounds of packaged pot in the vehicles of four Sacramento-area men traveling from Trinity County to the Capital City Sunday night.
Redding police Cpt. Jon Poleski said officers pulled over a U-Haul pick-up truck and a white Nissan Altima in town limits just before 7:30 p.m. A K-9 officer alerted human officers to the U-Haul and a search of the pick-up truck uncovered the marijuana, he said.
Taken into custody was the driver of the U-Haul, Chue Chang, 43, of Sacramento.
Officers searched the Nissan and found packaging material, vacuum-sealing equipment and a hand-held radio identical to one found in Chang's pick-up, Poletski said.
The three men in the Nissan: driver Lor Somboon, 18, of Sacramento; Yang Chue Her, 34, of Elk Grove and Brian Lor, 33, of Sacramento, and Chang were arrested and booked into Shasta County Jail on suspicion of marijuana sales, transportation and conspiracy to distribute charges.
Top South Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Sacramento Writer Clarifies Community Power and Grassroots Democracy: NIMBY vs. DIMBY
- Micro-Summits concept is innovative, international
- POPs at Bertha Henschel Park in East Sacramento This Saturday!
- Landmark Sacramento Coca-Cola bottling plant closes
- East Sacramento J Street and Folsom Blvd. Construction Update–It’ll Be Tough