Woman found dead in south Sacramento apartment ID'ed; investigation ongoing | Crime
SACRAMENTO, CA - A woman who was found dead in her south Sacramento apartment was identified Friday by the Sacramento County Coroner's Office.
Kia Vue, 77, was found dead in her apartment on the 4300 block of Norwood Avenue around 8 p.m. Wednesday by family members who were checking up on her welfare, Sacramento police said.
After police responded to the scene, they immediately called homicide detectives and Crime Scene Investigators to the unit to investigate the circumstances surrounding the Vue's death.
The coroner's office said Vue's cause of death was ligature strangulation with blunt force head injuries.
The Sacramento Police Department urged anyone with information about the incident to contact Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sign up now with a Spring Break Special on tuition
- Railroad Museum Offers Monthly “Diesel Days” Beginning this Weekend!
- Sacramento climber blogs that he's safe on Everest after avalanche
- “Living History” Easter Bonnet Promenade & Spring Ball in Old Sac this Saturday!
- 5 Reasons to Attend the Sacramento Beer and Chili Festival