Elk Grove Community comes through for over 600 families | Community
With the support from our community, over 600 families received turkeys for their Thanksgiving celebration. Individuals, businesses and organizations brought in turkeys and holiday meal fixings to Elk Grove Food Bank Services for distribution on Tuesday. “The response from our community was overwhelming,” Marie Jachino, EGFBS Executive Director stated. “We have received hundreds of turkeys from turkey drives over the weekend, dozens of turkeys from organizations and many, many individual donations.”
A small army of volunteers dedicated to serving their neighbors in need worked toward the Distribution Day’s smooth operation. Thank you to all involved in our Annual Turkey Distribution and bringing families together around the holiday table. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of families struggling in these difficult economic times.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!