Sacramento is America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital | Community
By: Jake Ferguson and Jon Schuller
With the smell of rain in the air, the last farmers market of the season in Cesar Chavez Plaza was the perfect setting for a major announcement from Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson this morning.
Known popularly as The River City or The City of Trees, Sacramento can now lay claim to an exciting new moniker: America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital!
Surrounded by a sea of white chefs’ coats, Mayor Johnson was joined by nearly three dozen of the area’s top culinary talent to announce the new proclamation to an excited crowd of media, local officials and foodie enthusiasts.
Top South Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- East Sacramento Writer Clarifies Community Power and Grassroots Democracy: NIMBY vs. DIMBY
- Micro-Summits concept is innovative, international
- POPs at Bertha Henschel Park in East Sacramento This Saturday!
- Landmark Sacramento Coca-Cola bottling plant closes
- East Sacramento J Street and Folsom Blvd. Construction Update–It’ll Be Tough