St. Francis High School holds record breaking food drive | Community
Elk Grove Food Bank and Sacramento Emergency Foodlink got a big boost from the St. Francis High School student body, which collected 131,216 cans and packages of nonperishable food items, breaking last year’s food drive record by 30,000 items.
Each fall St. Francis High School’s Homecoming festivities involve numerous activities designed to build class spirit and unity, from pseudo-sports competitions to creating elaborate, theme-based decorations, skits, dances, songs and cheers. The annual Food Drive is part of the competition among the classes and serves as an amazing display of the power of young women to optimize their resources and serve their community.
To read the rest of the story, please click here: http://www.valcomnews.com/?p=8819
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Train Rides & Old Sac Underground Tours Resume in April!
- California Nut Festival Announces Jay Veregge from Ten22 as Celebrity Chef!
- 2014 St. Patrick's Parade
- Center for Sacramento History Announces “Inside the Vault Textile Tours: Fabulous Footwear" in April
- Kick-Off Sacramento Beer Week with the Sacramento Brewers Showcase