St. Francis High School holds record breaking food drive | Community
Elk Grove Food Bank and Sacramento Emergency Foodlink got a big boost from the St. Francis High School student body, which collected 131,216 cans and packages of nonperishable food items, breaking last year’s food drive record by 30,000 items.
Each fall St. Francis High School’s Homecoming festivities involve numerous activities designed to build class spirit and unity, from pseudo-sports competitions to creating elaborate, theme-based decorations, skits, dances, songs and cheers. The annual Food Drive is part of the competition among the classes and serves as an amazing display of the power of young women to optimize their resources and serve their community.
To read the rest of the story, please click here: http://www.valcomnews.com/?p=8819
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Railroad Museum Offers Monthly “Diesel Days” Beginning this Weekend!
- Sacramento climber blogs that he's safe on Everest after avalanche
- “Living History” Easter Bonnet Promenade & Spring Ball in Old Sac this Saturday!
- 5 Reasons to Attend the Sacramento Beer and Chili Festival
- Names of woman, boy killed in I-80 crashed released