St. Francis High School holds record breaking food drive | Community
Elk Grove Food Bank and Sacramento Emergency Foodlink got a big boost from the St. Francis High School student body, which collected 131,216 cans and packages of nonperishable food items, breaking last year’s food drive record by 30,000 items.
Each fall St. Francis High School’s Homecoming festivities involve numerous activities designed to build class spirit and unity, from pseudo-sports competitions to creating elaborate, theme-based decorations, skits, dances, songs and cheers. The annual Food Drive is part of the competition among the classes and serves as an amazing display of the power of young women to optimize their resources and serve their community.
To read the rest of the story, please click here: http://www.valcomnews.com/?p=8819
Top South Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old City Cemetery Tour - Fraternal Orders, Secret Societies & Symbolism
- Nehemiah CEO Scott Syphax To Deliver Commencement Address at Drexel University in Sacramento
- Lively, Fun & Free, “Time Travel Weekends” Street Theater Resumes in Old Sacramento on June 29
- Sichuan Spice House - Orangevale
- Tasty Books: Chef Joanne Chang