The Hats, Scarves & Glove Effort | Community Spirit
Seven years ago, area residents Viancia Roberson, Patricia Goree-Richards, Kisha Gunte, Terry Taylor, Viviana Carloss and Paula Washington had the desire to do something that would “make them feel good.” With the help of their kids, and donations from their friends, family, and coworkers, they created “The Hats, Scarves, & Glove Effort” to provide the less fortunate with the clothing they need to stay warm during the cold winter months.
Recently, the Effort has partnered with The City of Sacramento, the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, the Quinn Cottages, and Loaves & Fishes to make their clothes drive more effective. Since then the number of items donated and volunteers has increased tremendously.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects