African American History Tour | Arts & Culture
Meet runaway slaves, Buffalo Soldiers, restaurant owners, deacons and gamblers on February 23, 2013, 10 a.m. at the Sacramento Historic City Cemetery, 1000 Broadway, Sacramento. Whether arriving free or as slaves, African-Americans couldn't vote or testify in court and dealt with widespread discrimination. Hear their stories and learn about the background of these Sacramento residents. Free parking is available at 10th & Broadway, across the street from the cemetery's 10th Street entrance. Tours are free; however, donations are appreciated and benefit cemetery preservation.
Upcoming Events near South Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!