Fall Plays Galore! | Arts & Culture
Fall is upon us and fall plays are in full swing! The following schools will have performances this weekend:
- Cosumnes Oaks High School’s theater students will perform “Death of a Salesman” on October 25-27. The popular play tells the endearing story of the struggles of Willy Loman, an aging, traveling salesman, during a major turning point in his life. The play is a commentary on the insurmountable American dream and one family’s battle to stay together in spite of the pressures placed on them by social and economic strife. Showtimes start at 6 p.m. on October 25 and 7 p.m. on October 26-27. Tickets are $8 general admission and $6 for senior citizens, children under 10 and students. In addition to the aforementioned performances, the COHS Culinary Arts Institute will host a special dinner prior to the show on October 25 at 5 p.m. Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children under 10.
- Valley High School Theater will present “A Raisin in the Sun,” by Lorraine Hansberry. The famous play portrays a few weeks in the life of the Youngers, an African-American family living on the South Side of Chicago in the 1950s. When the play opens, the Youngers are about to receive an insurance check for $10,000. This money comes from the deceased Mr. Younger’s life insurance policy. Each of the adult members of the family has an idea as to what he or she would like to do with this money. Showtimes are at 7 p.m. on October 26-27. Tickets are $5 per person.
Source: Elk Grove Unified School District
Top South Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old City Cemetery Tour - Fraternal Orders, Secret Societies & Symbolism
- Nehemiah CEO Scott Syphax To Deliver Commencement Address at Drexel University in Sacramento
- Lively, Fun & Free, “Time Travel Weekends” Street Theater Resumes in Old Sacramento on June 29
- Sichuan Spice House - Orangevale
- Tasty Books: Chef Joanne Chang