Some BUNNY loves you! | Animal Lovers
Pets make wonderful additions to our lives in so many different ways. They keep us entertained, keep us busy and most importantly, remind us that we are needed!
If you’re in the market for a new best friend and are trying to decide what pet is best for you…have you considered a rabbit?
Here are a few questions to ask yourself if you are considering adopting a rabbit:
1. Depending on the age of the rabbit, are you willing to invest up to a 10 year commitment, for the span of his or her life?
2. Rabbits, though small, need a fair amount of space. Do you have an area in your home that the rabbit can move around, get some exercise, and stretch his/her legs?
3. Do you have small children? Some rabbits love kids! But it’s important to remember that they are ground dwellers. They prefer to sit in your lap if they aren’t on the ground, and it’s important to teach children how to properly handle a rabbit.
4. What other animals do you have in your home? Some are frightened by large animals, while some do great with (rabbit-friendly) dogs/cats. It’s important to know what the dynamics will be like in your home.
5. Are you willing to spend time socializing your rabbit? This means petting them daily and offering a comfortable amount of human interaction. This keeps them well-adjusted and used to your family. A social rabbit is a happy rabbit!
Rabbits may be quiet, but their body language says a lot! They are curious and inquisitive, but also affectionate once they get used to you. Opening up your home to a bunny can be a really positive experience for the right household.
We hope you’ll visit the Sacramento SPCA during our “Some BUNNY to love” adoption event going on NOW through February 28th. All rabbits are spayed/neutered and microchipped and just $20 till the end of the promotion!
6201 Florin Perkins Rd